BBO Discussion Forums: Recommend improving access to forum - BBO Discussion Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Recommend improving access to forum

#1 User is offline   deisenbe 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2020-May-08, 03:39

To find this forum, I searched on Google for "bridge base forum".

I was trying to find it on the BBO site and couldn't.

Once one has logged in, there isn't any link at all. It's way down at the bottom on the pre- login page. Don't even know it's there unless you explore by going to the bottom of the screen.

#2 User is offline   barmar 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 2020-May-08, 16:38

Since our main service is playing bridge, those get the prominent place on the home page. The forum is a secondary service, so when our home page was redesigned and more details were added, it got pushed below the fold.

I don't think we've ever had a link to the forum from within the application itself. Once you've logged in, everything is about navigating the application, not going to external pages (which doesn't work well on mobile devices, they often close the app when you switch to the browser).

#3 User is offline   smerriman 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2020-May-08, 16:52

On desktop (or through mobile if you go into messages, though not as visible), I see the 'News' section immediately after logging in, and the bottom two items which are forum posts often catch my eye. So that does promote the forum.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users