• You cannot reply to this topic

Is there a layout?

#1 User is offline   kenrexford 

• Brain Farts and Actual Farts Increasing with Age
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members
  • Interests:www.limadbc.blogspot.com editor/contributor

Posted 2011-April-06, 17:46

I was thinking of stacking a deck as a joke, but I need a layout where my ploy will work.

The first key is a hand where there is no doubt precisely which player will declare and precisely what contract will be bid. That part is probably easy. Give Declarer 15-17 HCP and balanced, with no one able to intervene and Responder having a clear 3NT raise.

The second key is that the line must be such that everyone will play the contract exactly the same way, given the critical information from the stacked deck. Thus, the end position will be clear.

Third, given the critical information, the contract will turn on the last trick. if Declarer wins the last trick, the contract makes. if not, it fails.

Fourth, the last three cards to be played by the defense and by Declarer will always be a small diamond for each person, with dummy either out of diamonds or with another low diamond. Each person (excluding Dummy) will have the seven of diamonds (the critical information). The diamonds not yet played (not in the deck) must be lower than the seven. Ideally, as well, the normal line by all parties will be to play all of the higher diamond pips naturally, even if they are slow to spot the critical information. For example, maybe Dummy has 9-8 doubleton, or maybe someone has J-10 together in a way where they will undoubtedly play both of them. Something like that.

Any ideas?
"Gibberish in, gibberish out. A trial judge, three sets of lawyers, and now three appellate judges cannot agree on what this law means. And we ask police officers, prosecutors, defense lawyers, and citizens to enforce or abide by it? The legislature continues to write unreadable statutes. Gibberish should not be enforced as law."

-P.J. Painter.

#2 User is offline   whereagles 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members
  • Interests:Everything!

Posted 2011-April-07, 08:47

I suggest you read this book:

Raymond Smullyan - "The Chess Mysteries of Sherlock Holmes"

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

2 User(s) are reading this topic