You are R/W at IMPs...
What is it?
Yay for the "Ignored Users" feature!

#2 User is offline   MrAce 

• VIP Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2011-April-06, 21:42

I'd probably take it as "bid slam if not losing 2" Adam.
"Genius has its own limitations, however stupidity has no such boundaries!"
"It's only when a mosquito lands on your testicles that you realize there is always a way to solve problems without using violence!"

"Well to be perfectly honest, in my humble opinion, of course without offending anyone who thinks differently from my point of view, but also by looking into this matter in a different perspective and without being condemning of one's view's and by trying to make it objectified, and by considering each and every one's valid opinion, I honestly believe that I completely forgot what I was going to say."

#3 User is offline   655321 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2011-April-06, 21:45

View PostMrAce, on 2011-April-06, 21:42, said:

I'd probably take it as "bid slam if not losing 2" Adam.

I think I would too... but couldn't it equally mean "bid slam if not losing 2 (lead-directing) clubs"?
That's impossible. No one can give more than one hundred percent. By definition that is the most anyone can give.

#4 User is offline   MrAce 

• VIP Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2011-April-06, 21:54

View Post655321, on 2011-April-06, 21:45, said:

I think I would too... but couldn't it equally mean "bid slam if not losing 2 (lead-directing) clubs"?

Yes numeric, that crossed my mind too, and perhaps it is what it should be, however at the table facing this decision first time, i would lean towards believing pd would not create such a bid and expect us both to be in same page. One thing i am sure, we will have a discussion about this after the event :)
"Genius has its own limitations, however stupidity has no such boundaries!"
"It's only when a mosquito lands on your testicles that you realize there is always a way to solve problems without using violence!"

"Well to be perfectly honest, in my humble opinion, of course without offending anyone who thinks differently from my point of view, but also by looking into this matter in a different perspective and without being condemning of one's view's and by trying to make it objectified, and by considering each and every one's valid opinion, I honestly believe that I completely forgot what I was going to say."

#5 User is offline   aguahombre 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2011-April-07, 06:16

Advancer can cue spades, then bid 5H with spade control. But she can't cue clubs first, since it needs to be natural (RHO did not promise length). This would lead to a direct 5H being spade XX with clubs controlled.
"Bidding Spades to show spades can work well." (Kenberg)

#6 User is offline   kayin801 

• Modern Day Trebuchet Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members

Posted 2011-April-07, 07:16

Agree with aquaman, but I think 4th seat could also pass first to deny a club control (the auction must continue or at least be forcing after this?! I hope?) or find some other way and since both opponents have promised spades the jump should should a spade control.

You can come back and laugh at me (or use an alternate method) when we hold Ax, AKxxx, AQxx, xx or something similar and the auction goes after 3... P-3-P-5-?
I once yelled at my partner for discarding the 'wrong' card when he was subjected to a squeeze that I allowed by giving the wrong count with too high a card. Now he's allowed to pitch aces when the opponents have the king in the dummy. At trick 2. When he could have followed suit. And blame me.

East4Evil sohcahtoa 4ever!!!!!1

#7 User is offline   whereagles 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Everything!

Posted 2011-April-07, 08:54

I think it's hearts (doh!).

#8 User is offline   FrancesHinden 

• Limit bidder
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Bridge, classical music, skiing... but I spend more time earning a living than doing any of those

Posted 2011-April-07, 13:02

It shows a good hand with hearts, inviting partner to bid on.
I find it's too restrictive in competition to play these jumps as asking for something special, I just expect a lot of hearts opposite and a hand not suitable to double 3C for penalties.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users