Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

multi 2c i had not seen this before

#1 User is offline   hhoglives 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2011-July-02, 10:34

playing in vienna still. a pair opened 2c which could be a weak 2d, 2h or 2s. 19-21 or 25-27 nt hand. 3 suiter and probably some more. of course alerted but my german is bad so i did not get all. if i see this pair tues (our last time to play before we fly back) i will ask all bids

#2 User is offline   whereagles 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members
  • Interests:Everything!

Posted 2011-July-02, 10:40

It's not multi, it's tutti-fruti. It can get worse: some play 2 as a 3-level preempt in any suit. Bob Hamman was once reported to be seen with a 25 pages book of written down defenses to that multi-tutti-fruti preempt lol.

#3 User is offline   MickyB 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2011-July-02, 10:46

"Tutti-Frutti" usually refers to 2 = +m or , 2 = +m or , 2 = majors or minors. 2S as a bad preempt in any suit is known as "Terrorist 2". I have not heard of anyone playing 2 as in the OP so I don't have a name for that one.

#4 User is offline   whereagles 

• Interests:Everything!

Posted 2011-July-02, 12:24

hmmm.. I see the name I gave it is taken, so how about naming it the "no clubs 2 clubs"? if you see what I mean :)

I didn't know that 2 as any pree was deemed "terrorist". I heard of a terrorist 1, which is basically an overcall of 1 over a strong club with whatever you felt like. If that gets dbled, pard bids 1NT with a balanced hand and 1NT escape methods apply. Else be bids rdbl/pass with a 2 or 3 suited hand with short/long spades, or his own suit with 6 cards there.

#5 User is offline   Free 

• mmm Duvel
  • Interests:Duvel, Whisky

Posted 2011-July-02, 13:18

View Postwhereagles, on 2011-July-02, 12:24, said:

hmmm.. I see the name I gave it is taken, so how about naming it the "no clubs 2 clubs"? if you see what I mean :)

I didn't know that 2 as any pree was deemed "terrorist". I heard of a terrorist 1, which is basically an overcall of 1 over a strong club with whatever you felt like. If that gets dbled, pard bids 1NT with a balanced hand and 1NT escape methods apply. Else be bids rdbl/pass with a 2 or 3 suited hand with short/long spades, or his own suit with 6 cards there.

Seems like whereagles needs to work on his vocabulary. :P
"It may be rude to leave to go to the bathroom, but it's downright stupid to sit there and piss yourself" - blackshoe

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

2 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users