BBO Discussion Forums: Vugraph in Browser? - BBO Discussion Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Vugraph in Browser? Can you watch the Vugraph from a browser window?

#1 User is offline   softcoder 

• PipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2012-March-23, 22:48

Hi,
I don't run MS Windows so I would like to be able to watch the live Vugraph's in a browser window.
is this possible.
As of right this instant there is a live Vandy match in progress on Vugraph, but going to the vugraph schedule page and clicking on the Vanderbilt link just gets me to the ACBL web site.

Subsidiary question, how do I turn on the audio commentary?

Thanks,
JGM

#2 User is offline   inquiry 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin
  • Interests:Bridge, what else?

Posted 2012-March-23, 23:37

softcoder, on 2012-March-23, 22:48, said:

Hi,
I don't run MS Windows so I would like to be able to watch the live Vugraph's in a browser window.
is this possible.
As of right this instant there is a live Vandy match in progress on Vugraph, but going to the vugraph schedule page and clicking on the Vanderbilt link just gets me to the ACBL web site.

Subsidiary question, how do I turn on the audio commentary?

Thanks,
JGM

Go to http://www.bridgebase.com click on the large Yellow highlighted Play Bridge Now

Enter your nickname and password (or click the explorer our site to log on without officially signing in

Look to see if the vugraph "button" thingee is highlighted (meaning there is a vugraph event live

Click on, pick a table, to watch (you will see how to do this)

When you get to the table, if there is live commentary, at the right of the text field on the bottom of the screen will be a listen to commentary button. You can adjust the volume of the different speakers (be sure you computer speakers are turned on and the volume is not all the way to the lowest setting, it may be necessary to make sure the sound option -- under bbo options) is on.
--Ben--

#3 User is offline   BunnyGo 

• Lamentable Bunny
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2012-March-24, 00:46

You can instead (and in addition) go to:

http://www.bridgebas...ent/vugraph.php

and can watch there. You can have it running on as many different browsers as you want so that you watch several different tables.
Bridge Personality: 44 44 43 34

Never tell the same lie twice. - Elim Garek on the real moral of "The boy who cried wolf"

#4 User is offline   softcoder 

• PipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2012-March-24, 20:49

inquiry, on 2012-March-23, 23:37, said:

Go to http://www.bridgebase.com click on the large Yellow highlighted Play Bridge Now

Enter your nickname and password (or click the explorer our site to log on without officially signing in

Look to see if the vugraph "button" thingee is highlighted (meaning there is a vugraph event live

Click on, pick a table, to watch (you will see how to do this)

When you get to the table, if there is live commentary, at the right of the text field on the bottom of the screen will be a listen to commentary button. You can adjust the volume of the different speakers (be sure you computer speakers are turned on and the volume is not all the way to the lowest setting, it may be necessary to make sure the sound option -- under bbo options) is on.

Thank you very much.
The 'Play Bridge Now' is not the most obvious name for a home page link, but that was the piece I was missing.
Works fine.
JGM

#5 User is offline   mrdct 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2012-March-26, 15:32

Another good option, particularly useful for smartphones and tablets, is www.bridgebase.com/mobile.
Disclaimer: The above post may be a half-baked sarcastic rant intended to stimulate discussion and it does not necessarily coincide with my own views on this topic.
I bidding the suit below the suit I'm actually showing not to be described as a "transfer" for the benefit of people unfamiliar with the concept of a transfer

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users