BBO Discussion Forums: A Gib's nmf problem in competitive sequences - BBO Discussion Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

A Gib's nmf problem in competitive sequences

#1 User is offline   lycier 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2014-May-05, 03:30

2 says nmf-- 4+,12 total points,so I rebid 2 then Gib N pass,is it my fault?

#2 User is offline   Bbradley62 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2014-May-05, 08:15

A human partner would have known not to leave you in the 4-2 fit; if you don't have 3 hearts, you must have at least 4 clubs. But your hand looks like a perfect 2N bid over 2.

#3 User is offline   1eyedjack 

Posted 2014-May-05, 10:24

The 1N rebid apparently denies 3 Hearts. That being the case, you have to wonder (1) at the wisdom of having 2D as nmf in the system here and (2) what is the point in North using it on this hand, however absurd the availability, then to conceal the Club support.
Psych (pron. saik): A gross and deliberate misstatement of honour strength and/or suit length. Expressly permitted under Law 73E but forbidden contrary to that law by Acol club tourneys.

Psyche (pron. sahy-kee): The human soul, spirit or mind (derived, personification thereof, beloved of Eros, Greek myth).
Masterminding (pron. mPosted ImagesPosted ImagetPosted Imager-mPosted ImagendPosted Imageing) tr. v. - Any bid made by bridge player with which partner disagrees.

"Gentlemen, when the barrage lifts." 9th battalion, King's own Yorkshire light infantry,
2000 years earlier: "morituri te salutant"

"I will be with you, whatever". Blair to Bush, precursor to invasion of Iraq

#4 User is offline   Bbradley62 

Posted 2014-May-05, 10:37

View Post1eyedjack, on 2014-May-05, 10:24, said:

The 1N rebid apparently denies 3 Hearts.

So, this auction ties to the thread(s) about support doubles. South's first priority over 1 would be to show heart support, either by raising with 4 or doubling with 3.

#5 User is offline   lycier 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2014-May-05, 11:01

I think Gib N should rebid 3 due to 8 card fits at least in ,and it also imply Gib N have 5 card .such bidding is a reasonable approach,any idea?

#6 User is offline   1eyedjack 

Posted 2014-May-05, 12:25

I don't know whether it applies in an auction so contested, but it is possible that an immediate 3C shows a weak hand (no game interest) with 4xH and 5+C. Don't like it, but it may be the system.
Psych (pron. saik): A gross and deliberate misstatement of honour strength and/or suit length. Expressly permitted under Law 73E but forbidden contrary to that law by Acol club tourneys.

Psyche (pron. sahy-kee): The human soul, spirit or mind (derived, personification thereof, beloved of Eros, Greek myth).
Masterminding (pron. mPosted ImagesPosted ImagetPosted Imager-mPosted ImagendPosted Imageing) tr. v. - Any bid made by bridge player with which partner disagrees.

"Gentlemen, when the barrage lifts." 9th battalion, King's own Yorkshire light infantry,
2000 years earlier: "morituri te salutant"

"I will be with you, whatever". Blair to Bush, precursor to invasion of Iraq

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users