BBO Discussion Forums: How do you copy a bridge hand into Microsoft Word? - BBO Discussion Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

How do you copy a bridge hand into Microsoft Word?

#1 User is offline   32519 

• Insane 2-Diamond Bidder
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members
  • Interests:Books, bridge, philately

Posted 2014-February-11, 00:32

Partner and I have a “System Notes File” which we try to keep up to date with all our system agreements. In an effort to improve our bidding and hopefully reach a better (optimal) contract, partner and I have now decided to also start including actual unusual hands from the table where we screwed up. The problem however is that I have no idea how to copy these hands into Microsoft Word.

Under “My BBO” there is an option “Hands and results.” I can go there and click on “Hand Editor” to create any hand I wish to rebid or replay etc. From there I can print the hand. Unfortunately I have absolutely no idea how to copy it into Microsoft Word where I want to add some notes and commentary on the hand for our System Notes File.

Question:
1. Does anyone know how to copy a hand generated on the BBO software into Microsoft Word?
2. Alternatively, do you know of a website with different software to BBO that does allow me to create and then to copy a hand into Microsoft Word?

#2 User is offline   Trinidad 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2014-February-11, 01:37

You always have the possibility to create a screenshot.

If you have the window with the hand as your active window, you can press ALT+PrtScr on your keyboard to copy that window. You can then paste it into Word. (The PrtScr key is usually somewhere above your numeric keypad, together with the "Scroll Lock" and "Pause Break" keys.)

Rik
I want my opponents to leave my table with a smile on their face and without matchpoints on their score card - in that order.
The most exciting phrase to hear in science, the one that heralds the new discoveries, is not “Eureka!” (I found it!), but “That’s funny…” – Isaac Asimov
The only reason God did not put "Thou shalt mind thine own business" in the Ten Commandments was that He thought that it was too obvious to need stating. - Kenberg

#3 User is offline   Siegmund 

• Alchemist
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Creator of the 'grbbridge' LaTeX typesetting package.

Posted 2014-February-11, 10:08

If you don't care about how pretty the hand looks, you can save deals from BBO, then run a lin-to-PBN converter on the batch of saved deals.
If you do care about pretty hand diagrams but aren't tied to MS Word, you can then convert the PBN file a second time into some other format -- there are free PBN to HTML converters, and I wrote one for PBN to LaTeX once.

#4 User is offline   phil_20686 

• Scotland
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2014-February-11, 11:37

I would just use the snipping tool in windows. Just type snip into the search bar in the start menu and you should find it, lets you make a cropped image out of anything that is on your screen. Quick and easy.
The physics is theoretical, but the fun is real. - Sheldon Cooper

#5 User is offline   inquiry 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin
  • Interests:Bridge, what else?

Posted 2014-February-11, 16:21

Similar to the post about converting to pbn then converting again... the following works fine

Download the lin file you want and open it with Bridge Composer (shareware, free to try, $19 if you want to keep it. I think it just begs for money after your free trial period, I love it so much I gladly paid the 19), modify how you want (just show some of the hand, rotate if you want to hands in a certain position, delete bidding or chage it, hide the play, etc). Save as HTML, import into word.

If you don't have the hand in HTML format, simply open bridge composer and type it in.

I am sure the html idea mentioned above works just fine as well, either should work for you.I use the bridge composer method to do it (you may want to decrease the default font sizes before you save as HTML
--Ben--

#6 User is offline   32519 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2014-February-19, 01:06

I found diagram wizard as well for anyone who wants to create hands for a system file.

#7 User is offline   32519 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2014-February-19, 01:11

Here is the link to Bridge Composer if anyone else has an interest in this stuff.

Thanks a ton Ben. :)

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users