• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

BBO iPad App doesn't work

#1 User is offline   drathbone 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2014-April-27, 04:27

Hello everyone
My mother has just joined with her shiny new iPad 2 birthday present and is keen to get started

BUT

the BBO iPad app downloaded from the App Store - deleted and reinstalled today - doesn't work.

At least, the Friends "button" doesn't work

1. To start with "Friends" was greyed out, so there was no way to enter any Friends.
So I logged on with my PC - the site is displayed so differently on a PC! I was able to enter two Friends no problem :)

2. Back to the iPad. This time the Friends button was a different colour - but still didn't work.

She is very disappointed. What needs to be done to get Friends working on the BBO App Store app for iPad 2?

Hope you can help

#2 User is offline   diana_eva 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 2014-April-27, 04:58

Hi. There's a Search box at the top of the list of Who's Online. If your mom wants to mark some people as friends she has to type a username in the search box. Then tap the "Friend" radio button in the profile of that player. This will mark the person as a friend and his/her name will be listed in the Friends' list.

If your mother already has a list of friends but for some reason they do not show on ipad either none of them is online at that particular moment, or something is wrong with the app.

Oh, by the way, she has to be logged on with a username and password to get any friends options. There's no friends option when watching anonymously.

#3 User is offline   drathbone 

• Pip

Posted 2014-April-27, 05:28

View Postdiana_eva, on 2014-April-27, 04:58, said:

Hi. There's a Search box at the top of the list of Who's Online. If your mom wants to mark some people as friends she has to type a username in the search box. Then tap the "Friend" radio button in the profile of that player. This will mark the person as a friend and his/her name will be listed in the Friends' list.

Yes, this works fine on a PC. But it doesn't work with the App Store app on an iPad 2 as per my opening post :

If your mother already has a list of friends but for some reason they do not show on ipad either none of them is online at that particular moment, or something is wrong with the app.

Yep - something is wrong with the App Store app - it doesn't work as explained :(

Oh, by the way, she has to be logged on with a username and password to get any friends options. There's no friends option when watching anonymously.

Yep all done - but Friends had to be added using my PC - which is no help to my mother who only has an iPad :(

#4 User is offline   diana_eva 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 2014-April-27, 06:00

View Postdrathbone, on 2014-April-27, 05:28, said:

Yes, this works fine on a PC. But it doesn't work with the App Store app on an iPad 2 as per my opening post :

Can you take a screenshot from the ipad app with the Friends button thing and email it to diana@bridgebase.com please? I have an ipad2 - I'll try to check and figure out what's wrong there.

#5 User is offline   drathbone 

• Pip

Posted 2014-April-27, 07:43

View Postdiana_eva, on 2014-April-27, 06:00, said:

Can you take a screenshot from the ipad app with the Friends button thing and email it to diana@bridgebase.com please? I have an ipad2 - I'll try to check and figure out what's wrong there.

Unfortunately not, diana, as Mail needs to be set up and I've not been able to do this

However I can describe the page as it dispays:

LEFT SIDE
Top left
BBO News Headines

Bottom left
Play Bridge
Watch Bridge
List all tables
My BBO

MIDDLE
Top: Who's Online
Then: search box
Then Hosts - brown - works when you touch it
Then Friends - two tone blue - does not work when you touch it, nothing happens - but there are two friends, this works fine on my PC
Then Stars - light blue - works when you touch it

RIGHT SIDE
Text box? Doesn't work
Bottom: left notepad icon doesn't work, cog and star icons work fine

#6 User is offline   fred 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2014-April-27, 07:59

You will see friends in the list at any given time only if the friends in question are logged in at that time.

Fred Gitelman
Bridge Base Inc.
www.bridgebase.com

#7 User is offline   drathbone 

• Pip

Posted 2014-April-27, 08:10

Issue closed: it's as diana said in post #2 :)

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users