Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Automated Team Matches

#1 User is offline   herochu 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2016-March-01, 06:12

Proposal for improvement. Is it possible to have a section , which automatically and continuously run Team Matches, as soon as 4 pairs registers. Any pair want to play tm , can register and play. Presently, the players need to arrange for pairs/players and arrange for tm.

#2 User is offline   gwnn 

• Csaba the Hutt
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members
  • Interests:bye

Posted 2016-March-01, 06:43

You can start a team match with less than 8 players and then people just join. Try it once, usually it fills up surprisingly quickly.
... and I can prove it with my usual, flawless logic.
      George Carlin

#3 User is offline   mgoetze 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Sleeping, Eating

Posted 2016-March-01, 08:24

View Postgwnn, on 2016-March-01, 06:43, said:

You can start a team match with less than 8 players and then people just join. Try it once, usually it fills up surprisingly quickly.

But it seems very likely that the quality of play is lower than it would be if people were required to register as pairs.
"One of the painful things about our time is that those who feel certainty are stupid, and those with any imagination and understanding are filled with doubt and indecision"
    -- Bertrand Russell

#4 User is offline   gwnn 

• Csaba the Hutt
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:bye

Posted 2016-March-01, 09:54

View Postmgoetze, on 2016-March-01, 08:24, said:

But it seems very likely that the quality of play is lower than it would be if people were required to register as pairs.

I agree. An "accept pairs only" option would be useful. I'm a bit unclear on this stuff, is this ("pairs only") implemented in the main bridge club? I know I can look for a table with my partner but I don't know if you can be restricted if you have no partner.
... and I can prove it with my usual, flawless logic.
      George Carlin

#5 User is offline   patroclo 

• PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members

Posted 2016-March-01, 12:22

View Postgwnn, on 2016-March-01, 09:54, said:

I agree. An "accept pairs only" option would be useful. I'm a bit unclear on this stuff, is this ("pairs only") implemented in the main bridge club? I know I can look for a table with my partner but I don't know if you can be restricted if you have no partner.

An other question: When one organize a team match, he can't open another one till the precedent team match has finished.
It would be useful, if the director has finished to play, to give him the opportunity to restart a new table without waiting that the other table finishes all the hands.

#6 User is offline   Caitlynne 

• PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members

Posted 2016-March-02, 11:11

I think this is a very good idea.

I would like to suggest an extension or improvement. Allow pairs to register and be listed. When you click to organize a team game, you see all pairs and can mouse-over to see their profiles. Organizers can specify a partner and then select and set positions of the four pairs along with the game rules (barometer, number of boards, IMPs vs. BAM, etc.)

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

2 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users