Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

instant robot duplicates

#1 User is offline   sakuragi 

• PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members

Posted 2015-December-25, 04:35

what does the scoring work? are the 8 boards picked from 8 other robot duplicates (non instant)?

#2 User is offline   1eyedjack 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2015-December-25, 07:36

http://www.bridgebas...ournaments.html
Psych (pron. saik): A gross and deliberate misstatement of honour strength and/or suit length. Expressly permitted under Law 73E but forbidden contrary to that law by Acol club tourneys.

Psyche (pron. sahy-kee): The human soul, spirit or mind (derived, personification thereof, beloved of Eros, Greek myth).
Masterminding (pron. mPosted ImagesPosted ImagetPosted Imager-mPosted ImagendPosted Imageing) tr. v. - Any bid made by bridge player with which partner disagrees.

"Gentlemen, when the barrage lifts." 9th battalion, King's own Yorkshire light infantry,
2000 years earlier: "morituri te salutant"

"I will be with you, whatever". Blair to Bush, precursor to invasion of Iraq

#3 User is offline   sakuragi 

• PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members

Posted 2015-December-26, 03:59

When you start an Instant Tournament, you will be dealt deals from a past tournament you have not played before,

What are those tourneys? understand it must be a sort of human vs 3 robots. are these other $0.25 robots tourney with specific start time? are all the 8 hands of the instant one fetched from 1 and only 1 "past tourney you have not played before"?

and have your scores compared against 14 players in those tourneys.

how many players were there originally in those tourneys from where hands are fetched? more than/exactly 14?
are the original players from the old tourney earning master points as well (when the tourney was hosted)?

#4 User is offline   1eyedjack 

Posted 2015-December-26, 04:37

I don't have all of your answers. Perhaps someone else can help.

I confirm that all of the hands come from a single tournament. Of that I am confident.

I am also pretty confident that the tournament pool is the $0.25 8-board robot duplicates.

I am also pretty confident that the pool contains only those tournaments that had at least 14 players.

Where the number of players exceeded 14 in the original, I do not know how the comparisons are selected.
Psych (pron. saik): A gross and deliberate misstatement of honour strength and/or suit length. Expressly permitted under Law 73E but forbidden contrary to that law by Acol club tourneys.

Psyche (pron. sahy-kee): The human soul, spirit or mind (derived, personification thereof, beloved of Eros, Greek myth).
Masterminding (pron. mPosted ImagesPosted ImagetPosted Imager-mPosted ImagendPosted Imageing) tr. v. - Any bid made by bridge player with which partner disagrees.

"Gentlemen, when the barrage lifts." 9th battalion, King's own Yorkshire light infantry,
2000 years earlier: "morituri te salutant"

"I will be with you, whatever". Blair to Bush, precursor to invasion of Iraq

#5 User is offline   barmar 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 2015-December-26, 09:34

If you play in a BBO Instant Tourney, it was originally a $0.25 BBO Robot Duplicates. If you play in an ACBL Instant Tourney, it was originally a $1 ACBL Robot Duplicate.

All the boards come from a single tourney with at least 15 players. We select 14 random players from the tourney to compare you with.

The original players only earned their original masterpoints, they don't get any points for the replay.

We also try to select tournaments where the bots were running the same version of GIB as is currently in use. If, somehow, you've played them all (either in their original play or replaying them as an IT) we'll fall back to the next most recent version, and so on. This is why we've locked down visibility of robot tournaments in myhands: to prevent players from looking up the tournaments of the opponents and finding the original hands.

#6 User is offline   Bbradley62 

Posted 2015-December-26, 12:19

Of course, it's easier "to select tournaments where the bots were running the same version of GIB as is currently in use" when it's been 6 months since the last update...

#7 User is offline   barmar 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 2015-December-27, 15:35

View PostBbradley62, on 2015-December-26, 12:19, said:

Of course, it's easier "to select tournaments where the bots were running the same version of GIB as is currently in use" when it's been 6 months since the last update...

Well, we used to use tournaments that were something like a year or more old, so they were several GIB revisions out of date.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users