Pairs / all white

You hold:
--
K Q x x x x x
K Q x x x x
--

The bidding:
1 - (4) - ?

1: Big club; balanced 21+ HP or more or less unbalanced and 16+ HP; not a balanced 16-20 HP with a 5-card major.

Well, your bid :unsure:

Thx

#2 User is offline   Cyberyeti 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2018-August-14, 04:17

4N should be 2 places to play here, if partner bids 5 I pull to 6, couyld be horribly wrong but I'm guessing here.

#3 User is offline   FelicityR 

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members

Posted 2018-August-14, 05:03

View PostCyberyeti, on 2018-August-14, 04:17, said:

4N should be 2 places to play here, if partner bids 5 I pull to 6, couyld be horribly wrong but I'm guessing here.

I think you are horribly right. Trying to introduce the spade void by bidding 5 immediately then correcting 6 to 6; or bidding 4NT, 5 by partner then 5 could be horribly misinterpreted.

There's not enough room to investigate a grand slam. I'll be content with a small one, if it exists. Partner could have a hand such as AQ x xx AKQJxxxx: now that would be extremely unlucky :(

#4 User is offline   gszes 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2018-August-14, 05:13

I echo the 4n bid as showing 2 places to play. Over 5c I will bid 5s (which is the same bid I would make if perchance they happen to bid 5d or 5h) in the hopes that p will realize my 2 suiter is the reds and I really want to bid 7 when I correct their 6c bid to 6d. This is based on the assumption that a direct 5s bid would show grand slam interest with a single suited hand. If this was a standard opening bid vs a strong club I would be much more content to merely get to the best strain at the 5 level and would merely correct a 5c bid to 5d.

#5 User is offline   Cyberyeti 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2018-August-14, 14:02

View Postgszes, on 2018-August-14, 05:13, said:

I echo the 4n bid as showing 2 places to play. Over 5c I will bid 5s (which is the same bid I would make if perchance they happen to bid 5d or 5h) in the hopes that p will realize my 2 suiter is the reds and I really want to bid 7 when I correct their 6c bid to 6d. This is based on the assumption that a direct 5s bid would show grand slam interest with a single suited hand. If this was a standard opening bid vs a strong club I would be much more content to merely get to the best strain at the 5 level and would merely correct a 5c bid to 5d.

Subtle nuance, but I would be more inclined to bid it your way if I had the 2 jacks.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users