Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Assignment of A== after claim

#1 User is offline   pescetom 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2019-June-05, 13:30

I just played Free TCR80 Tourney #1045 Table 2 Board 3 and with all tricks except one clearly mine I claimed 11 tricks making 3NT+2 (which would have been 77.8%). Before the opps took action the round timeout cut in and I was assigned A==, which was not automatically adjusted later and cost me a 50%.
Is this the way the system is designed to work? I understand that it may be difficult to evaluate a claim (although in this case all I had to do was continue to cash spades from top down), but surely the system could at least wait for opponents to do so.
Would the system have adjusted correctly if I failed to claim? From experience I suspect so.

#2 User is offline   barmar 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 2019-June-05, 18:33

If the round times out with only a few tricks left to play, we have robots play those tricks and assign that score. If there are too many tricks left, we assign average. I think the threshold is something like 5 remaining tricks.

We don't make a special case for timing out during a claim, and we don't try to evaluate the claim.

#3 User is offline   pescetom 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2019-June-06, 10:14

View Postbarmar, on 2019-June-05, 18:33, said:

If the round times out with only a few tricks left to play, we have robots play those tricks and assign that score. If there are too many tricks left, we assign average. I think the threshold is something like 5 remaining tricks.

We don't make a special case for timing out during a claim, and we don't try to evaluate the claim.

So you're saying that I would still have got A== without the claim. Fair enough. I think there were 4 winning spades and one heart loser left, but I can't be sure.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users