Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

pause the next deal How can I pause the next deal to discuss last hand

#1 User is offline   jim6909 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2020-May-25, 06:14

Is there a way to pause the next deal so that players can discuss last hand after everyone's cards have been displayed?

#2 User is offline   paulg 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2020-May-25, 06:40

No and this is my recycled answer from the same question elsewhere.

This has been a frequent request recently and I think it is fair to assume that you are in a friendly environment where everyone wants to discuss it, not a timed event like a tournament.

It is inconvenient that another hand has popped up, but you do not have to start the new hand until you are ready. Take your time and discuss away.

I don't expect BBO to put a feature in that allows you to delay the next board popping up, it would just annoy too many BBO users unnecessarily.

Although discussing a board immediately can be helpful if all the players are interested in the questions it raises, for a partnership it is often better to leave discussion until after the session. The analysis skills of most are improved by taking a break and looking at a hand with a fresh eye. Too often I see my club players want to discuss how they should bid the game that makes, without really appreciating that the three finesses and 3-2 break it requires means they should not be bidding it.

You can find all the hands on myhands afterwards (Hand Records on bridgebase.com).
The Beer Card

I don't work for BBO and any advice is based on my BBO experience over the decades

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users