• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Board Completion Rate

#1 User is offline   nudnikbp 

• PipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members

Posted 2022-January-03, 05:29

In my BBO profile it says Board completion rate: Unknown

Does anyone know how a player's board completion rate is determined?

#2 User is offline   barmar 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 2022-January-06, 10:25

See https://www.bridgeba...tion_rates.html

#3 User is offline   sleepe 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2022-January-27, 01:30

View Postbarmar, on 2022-January-06, 10:25, said:

Thanks for the link. I have a similar question. I have played more than 10 tournaments but my TCR is still unknown. According to this link, all tournaments count towards TCR and I have played a variety of them, just to be sure.

#4 User is offline   mycroft 

• Secretary Bird
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2022-January-27, 12:50

this link said:

This is true for any tournament in which your bailing inconveniences other players or TDs, (e.g., any ACBL pairs or Individual, any BBO Turkiye or other private club pairs or Individual game, any Free tourney pairs).

One thing that is missing is that there are also some tournaments that are +1/0 - completion helps your TCR, bailing doesn't hurt. Those will be ones where the opponents are robots, and where you are required to keep to time.

There are also tournaments - Daylongs, in particular - that do not affect your TCR whether you complete them or not. Because the thing being tested by TCR - do you stay available for a specific duration - does not apply to daylongs (where you can jump in for 5 minutes every hour and finish). See, among other instances, this Barmar post.

Note also that there is a 10 eligible tournament _in 60 days_ requirement for a TCR (not for maintenance, but to get past "unknown"). That means that I had an "unknown" TCR for over a decade until virtual club games and my ability to play live was restricted.
When I go to sea, don't fear for me, Fear For The Storm -- Birdie and the Swansong (tSCoSI)

#5 User is offline   sleepe 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2022-January-28, 12:33

View Postmycroft, on 2022-January-27, 12:50, said:

There are also tournaments - Daylongs, in particular - that do not affect your TCR whether you complete them or not. Because the thing being tested by TCR - do you stay available for a specific duration - does not apply to daylongs (where you can jump in for 5 minutes every hour and finish). See, among other instances, this Barmar post.

Thank you! This link you gave is much more helpful than the official link provided in the earlier post, where there is a misleading line: "TCRs are tracked on a rolling 60 days basis, and include all tournaments played on BBO."

As expected of the Secretary Bird, to know the technical details of the BBO system.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users