Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

The creepiness is back Asking for genuine global assistance

#1 User is offline   thepossum 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2022-August-26, 18:09

EDIT Apologies. No need to read and waste time at all unless you have nothing better to do :)

I know it sounds crazy but after 40 years workinng with computers and networks I know when there is something evil going on

When nobody anywhere is prepared to help identify it from some local neighbourhood creep to something evil on the Ingternet or a platform, or in an app its even more scary

I just had another torunament ruined by fighting dodgy events and other weird interface stuff. Wherever the problem is. In my hardware, my wifi, anywhere between me and Bridgebase etc

Sorry for using this forum but I am alerting all relevant ones. I haven't yet been bullied off this one for raising it

It is just evil in the interface for everything. Hello Norton. Can you help

I use many of the World's top brands of stuff and pay my licenses. I don't like creepiness

Oh look there are 4 identical posts by the Possum. What caused that. And the typos and rrors

Something evil in scripts

Sorry for sounding rather anxious but it is getting extreme and the lack of avenues to raise awareness or get it identified is scary these days, as is the reaction of industry people when issues are raised

Did I mention the recent news about certain countries spying on every little thing we do

It could be just a creepy neighbour doing something evil. Who can I call that is trustworthy tto identify the cuplrit wherever and whoever they are

Sorry about typos. With dodgy interfaces things happen

A lot of important confidential stuff happens on my devices and networks, as with many BBO users I imagine

The nearest I have to evidence is a print screen of the 4 identical posts I apparently made while trying to make one post. That's if anyone doubts something is awry somewhere

Please take this post as just notification of something awry and very creepy. Have you ever felt you were almost wrestling some evil force while trying to make a post or play Bridge :) -its not my only excuse for occasional typos and bad bridge scores but wrestling every single UI event doesn't help those of us with limitations

#2 User is offline   thepossum 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2022-August-26, 19:17

As an aside query

Can anyone else see my 4 identical posts in the little new posts frame at the top right of the forums
Or is it just me that can see it in my browser

#3 User is online   smerriman 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2022-August-26, 19:52

View Postthepossum, on 2022-August-26, 19:17, said:

As an aside query

Can anyone else see my 4 identical posts in the little new posts frame at the top right of the forums
Or is it just me that can see it in my browser

You posted the same thing 4 times, yes. Happens regularly on the forum where someone pushes the submit button multiple times not realising it's already going through.

As for the rest:

View Postmycroft, on 2022-August-05, 09:08, said:

"Vague feelings ("something is going on with mouse clicks" "creepy UI behaviour") can not be fixed. Please provide specific instances:
  • The situation (including OS, browser,...)
  • What I did
  • What I expected to happen
  • What did happen

Preferably with screenshots, if possible."

#4 User is offline   thepossum 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2022-August-26, 19:57

Dear Mycroft

Yet again you attack through patronising and missing the point

Maybe its time I gave a few more details about what I am up against

That includes the quite high chance of widespread global gaslighting which can take many forms

No need for any comments like that. You have done it before

Before you dare to insult and patronise again, have you any idea how bad the UI/Internet/OS/event issues would have to be for that to happen

Back to school

Also do you realise that you made one of my points for me about what happens when I raise these serious issues on any forum. There is a always a Mycroft-type character to attack and undermine. Strange

Becauuse that is what it does. It undermines and contributes to the gaslighting - I use the term broadly

We are talking about very serious stuff which could be global, could be local, could be national

What I am hoping for and keep asking nicely for is a bit of understanding and support

Lets hope you don't know more about what I am dealing with than you should and be part of the "we know how to manipulate the possum and make him look bad" crowd. There are a lot of them with many different motives. Many just relating to global corruption and evil and trillions of dollars of revenue

Do I have to keep stating it on forum after forum until somebody listens to a story of incredible evil. Nobody would want to be unknowingly complicit in terrible evil would they. You may not realise how unsupportive behaviour on any forum could play into the hands of a psychopath say

#5 User is offline   thepossum 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2022-August-26, 20:18

Where are all those events going. Making a high spec device and OS(?) behave in such a problematic way
Why can we get no decent support or explanation or analysis from the corporations we trust to provide those services to us
They are services that are essential to every aspect of our lives and security - personal security and national and global security
What troubles me most is my personal security for the rest of my life - especially after what happened over the first 60 years of it, especially the last 30

Sorry if I sound over-dramatic but I am not exaggerating at all

How many times do I have to click to get action - apparently without me knowing I've been doing it over and over again

Also, as I have said elsewhere if you are not involved (anyone) there is no need for anxiety. I am just asking for disinterest or support. That is your choice.

I have been using an alias, not so much to hide, but just because it made me feel somewhat safer. My identity is not a secret obviously

Maybe what I am up against is. And it involves trying to get justice from possibly the world's biggest and most corrupt industry - in all its forms

And it is possible to play into those corrupt people's hands with even a totally innocent comment that upsets someone on a forum

Clearly at the micro-level all those mouseclicks are going somewhere without obvious response, whether I am playing bridge, trying to make a post on a forum, trying to write a top-secret email perhaps. But they don't all appear to have done anything. That's at the micro-level of global security, not the bigger issue that concerns me personally

#6 User is offline   thepossum 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2022-August-26, 20:46

Back to preparing one of my possible legal cases
Having to self-represent given lack of budget and/or pro-bono legal team

After all I am unable to play bridge or make reliable forum posts :) - with or without UI/Internet problems

Of course I realise that those I am up against could be reading everything and even changing it is as I write it

#7 User is offline   Gerardo 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 2022-August-26, 22:04

Deleted the duplicated topics.

#8 User is offline   aawk 

• PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members

Posted 2022-August-27, 01:29

So long I get a average of 10 HCP per hand I am happy and don't worry about the rest.

#9 User is offline   diana_eva 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 2022-August-27, 07:14

I think the duplicate posts might happen when user has multiple tabs open. I tend to open a bunch of topics each in a new tab, and I've gotten the accidental duplicate posts occasionally. I did not dig very deep, but i've tried to not post with 50 tabs open lately, and that seemed to have helped :)

thepossum, what you keep describing here is way too vague for anyone to be able to help. Not to mention that this isn't an IT support forum to begin with.

It might be as simple as clear your browsing history and restart your computer every once in a while, but it could also be malware or adware, too many plugins and browser extensions, it could be that your computer is old and operating system not up to date. It's hard to tell without someone looking at your computer.

#10 User is offline   pescetom 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2022-August-27, 09:20

View Postdiana_eva, on 2022-August-27, 07:14, said:

I think the duplicate posts might happen when user has multiple tabs open. I tend to open a bunch of topics each in a new tab, and I've gotten the accidental duplicate posts occasionally. I did not dig very deep, but i've tried to not post with 50 tabs open lately, and that seemed to have helped :)

I just tested and verified that it is exactly as smerriman suggested: it is sufficient to press the 'Post new topic' button repeatedly before the new topic has actually registered.
To be precise, I pressed three times quickly and two new topics resulted.
Add in that the forum can be quite slow in registering (however healthy the PC may be) and this is probably all there is to it.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users