Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Problem with Chrome?

#1 User is offline   robbg 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2023-May-12, 11:07

Recently, when using Chrome (on my PC), the BBO web app blacks out the right-hand frame (where there are lists of people, results, or a few other choices). Not a problem on Edge. Is this a bug or a problem with my particular setup?

#2 User is offline   sfr 

• Pip

Posted 2023-May-13, 05:09

i HAVE HAD TOO MANY PROBLEMS WITH CHROME.. USE BRAVE BUT SOMETIMES WHEN DECLARING , A LINE COVERS DUMMY. i LEAVE AND RETURN AND IT IS GONE.

#3 User is offline   TrevorJWar 

• Pip

Posted 2023-May-13, 08:25

View Postrobbg, on 2023-May-12, 11:07, said:

Recently, when using Chrome (on my PC), the BBO web app blacks out the right-hand frame (where there are lists of people, results, or a few other choices). Not a problem on Edge. Is this a bug or a problem with my particular setup?
I use both Chrome on a Windows 11 laptop and Chrome on a Chromebook (both HP) with no problems. Occasionally I have needed to adjust the screen resolution to make the Messages/People/Results/Account pane display on the right hand side of the screen rather than the bottom, so it may be worth experimenting with changing the screen resolution to see if that solves the problem.

#4 User is online   pescetom 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2023-May-13, 14:52

I doubt BBO has any specific problems with Chrome, the current Edge is a customization of Chrome anyway.

One recent issue is that Chrome by default now tries to free up menu from "unused" tabs, which is problematic with BBO: you can turn this off for specific sites under Settings.

#5 User is offline   kenberg 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2023-May-13, 15:25

I am 84 so my knowledge of these things is iffy. However, I have noticed that Chrome and Edge do not get along very well. I remain faithful to Chrome, ignoring seductive moves from Edge. The other way no doubt works also.
I am more than willing to admit that this might be just my own lack of sophistication.

Ken

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users