Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Improve text Chat for users

#1 User is offline   shangara 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2024-April-24, 04:05

With so many clubs NOT using video chat, using text chat is very tedious. I would like to see some new features added:

1. Add button next to Chat. User click-holds, selects custom text previously saved. Example: A) short summary of your system. B) Thanks, Partner. C) Thanks, Opps. D) Well played, Partner. E) Well done, Opps, etc.

Text would have to be saved in your account on the BBO server. Else, every time user clears cookies, or cache, they will have to resave.

A small feature but one that will save repetitious typing during each session.

#2 User is offline   mycroft 

• Secretary Bird
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2024-April-24, 09:16

• There is Chat manager (click on the chat area, it's an option). There you can set up basic (for you) things to say. I think that's server-side (but I don't use it any more, see below).
  • There are browser addons (on Firefox, I use BBOText, there's a bigger, more comprehensive one out there that also you can teach your system(s) to and it will autopopulate explanations of your calls) for this purpose.

"Clearing browser cache" globally is a sledgehammer, and if you choose to use it (for good reasons, I will admit, although I go for more fine-grained control such as Cookie Manager extension on FIrefox), you have to deal with "okay, I'll have to log in next time, oh and reset my settings, and...)

I will admit it's annoying to have to set my settings on my computer, my laptop, my phone... so that it doesn't "whoosh" sound every card, but still pings me when it's my turn to bid. But "I don't want people to track me, so I clear out my cache on a regular basis, but I do want these sites to track me, at least in ways that are convenient for me" is - not the way the web works. And not the way browsers think you should work (without major customization). Because ads. Yeah, I know.
When I go to sea, don't fear for me, Fear For The Storm -- Birdie and the Swansong (tSCoSI)

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users