Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Does not create pbn file Stops after creating csv file

#1 User is offline   sabf_2 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2024-July-17, 01:10

Creates csv file but stops after showing screen that pbn file will be created but it freezes and does not create pbn file

#2 User is offline   barmar 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 2024-July-21, 16:39

What doesn't create a PBN file? AFAIK there's nothing in BBO that creates PBN files, we only work with LIN files. There are conversion tools out there, but not part of BBO.

#3 User is offline   paulg 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2024-July-22, 10:05

I assume it was this.
There was a problem with BBO Extractor, a Chrome extension developed by John and Mirna Goacher, last week. This extension has nothing to do with BBO, but the problem started on Tuesday, 16 July and a fix was posted by 14:32 GMT on Wednesday, 17 July. The symptom was that BBO Extractor would create the csv file of a BBO tournament but not the PBN file for the hand records.

If you contacted the author then he provided a workaround for the day until the final fix was released.

I believe BBO made some subtle change that affected how some of the third-party apps access hand records, as I saw other tools making minor adjustments.

But everything I use is now back to normal.

Cheers

Paul
The Beer Card

I don't work for BBO and any advice is based on my BBO experience over the decades

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users