Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Adverts

#1 User is offline   mr1303 

• Admirer of Walter the Walrus
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members
  • Interests:Bridge, surfing, water skiing, cricket, golf. Generally being outside really.

Posted 2024-July-23, 00:27

Anyone else getting really sick of the adverts? It's not the concept of the adverts per se, it's *what* is being advertised. Every single time I play I have to sit through ads for the most incredibly scammy games, and any attempt to skip seems to be a short cut to download. These are things I would never buy or download, and have no interest in whatsoever. It cannot be in BBO's interest to advertise like this (unlike bridge related things, or indeed any reputable products).

I hope BBO management pay attention to this.

#2 User is offline   diana_eva 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 2024-July-24, 00:47

View Postmr1303, on 2024-July-23, 00:27, said:

Anyone else getting really sick of the adverts? It's not the concept of the adverts per se, it's *what* is being advertised. Every single time I play I have to sit through ads for the most incredibly scammy games, and any attempt to skip seems to be a short cut to download. These are things I would never buy or download, and have no interest in whatsoever. It cannot be in BBO's interest to advertise like this (unlike bridge related things, or indeed any reputable products).

I hope BBO management pay attention to this.

Hi. Yes, we are paying attention and working on shifting the ads from silly games towards services and products more relevant to bridge players. Mobile ads are very strongly focused on app downloads, and the assumption is always that gamers like games. It takes time to "teach" these algorythms that we dont care much for the typical mobile app games, but we are aware and working on this.

#3 User is offline   0 carbon 

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members

Posted 2024-August-10, 22:01

Curls77 told me there are several ways to turn off ads for a while by playing particular games. Alas, I lost the chat.
Could you enlighten us? -- thanks

#4 User is offline   diana_eva 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 2024-August-11, 05:10

View Post0 carbon, on 2024-August-10, 22:01, said:

Curls77 told me there are several ways to turn off ads for a while by playing particular games. Alas, I lost the chat.
Could you enlighten us? -- thanks

Ads are hidden for a week each time you spend money (or rather, BB$) on BBO. Some games cost only 20 cents (for example the 4 boards Express Reward, which also awards points and BB$ prizes back).

So if you play 4 express per month you have no ads at the cost of 80 cents, and on top of that these are actually fun and popular games in which you can win BBO points and BB$ prizes.

Alternatively, if you prefer to pay a monthly fee, you can subscribe to Prime which costs 6 bucks per month and includes free advanced robots at practice and casual tables, no ads for the duration of your subscription and a few other smaller benefits.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users