BBO Discussion Forums: Request: Someone to do a Just Declare daily analysis - BBO Discussion Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Request: Someone to do a Just Declare daily analysis

#1 User is offline   DanLe 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2024-September-15, 15:50

Happy Sunday all.

As a relatively new player to BBO, I find myself playing the daily Just Declare tournament regularly trying to improve my game.

As I go through the travelers, I sometimes struggle to understand why other players (esp those who did better than I did, which right now is most people lol) do what they did - played the hand the way that they did.

It would be very helpful if an experienced player with a bit of spare time on their hands would be willing to post a daily (or even occasional) analysis of the hands, and how best to play them, and why.

Is there anyone who might be up for doing that?

Thanks much in advance!

#2 User is offline   smerriman 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2024-September-15, 16:53

One of the catches of large daylong tournaments like this is that (in order to prevent cheating), different players play different hands (each hand is only assigned to a small subset of players).

So if someone else played the tournament and provided analysis of their hands, it's likely it wouldn't include any hand that you played.

You may be more interested in playing the free weekly instant tournament found in the Solitaire section; this is a fixed set of deals that you can play as many times as you like. (It resets once per week - multiple replays doesn't mean you're being compared against people who knew the hands in advance; your scores are compared against a fixed set of people who played them in a historical tournament).

There are then bridge expert YouTubers like Peter Hollands who play this every week and go through their thought process, which is helpful since it's the same hands you played. If you didn't want to focus on the bidding to begin with, you could watch his bidding in the video, pause, then replicate it and play from there before seeing what he did.

If you're wanting advice on hands you played, you'll always get responses if you post hands of interest in the forum.

#3 User is offline   DanLe 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2024-September-15, 18:44

Thank you! And apologies for the now obviously silly suggestion ;)

#4 User is online   jillybean 

• hooked
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members
  • Interests:Multi

Posted 2024-September-15, 21:48

View PostDanLe, on 2024-September-15, 18:44, said:

Thank you! And apologies for the now obviously silly suggestion ;)

I think it was a great suggestion,it only fails in the execution ;)
I had no idea daylongs ran that way
"And no matter what methods you play, it is essential, for anyone aspiring to learn to be a good player, to learn the importance of bidding shape properly." MikeH
(still learning)
"At last: just calm down, this kind of disrupted boards happens every day in our bridge community. It will always be an inherent part of bridge until we move to a modern platform, and then will we have other hopefully less frequent issues." P Swennson

#5 User is offline   harikannan 

• PipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members

Posted 2024-September-15, 23:21

"Is there anyone who might be up for doing that?"

In addition to Peter Hollands, you may benefit a lot watching Paulo Brum (weekly free instant tournament), Gavin Wolpert (wednesday morning tournament), Milan Macura and Robert Brady (bradybot channel) -- all on youtube. I find them very instructive.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

2 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users