BBO Discussion Forums: Has U.S. Democracy Been Trumped? - BBO Discussion Forums

• 1077 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Has U.S. Democracy Been Trumped? Bernie Sanders wants to know who owns America?

#12001 User is offline   johnu 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2019-February-01, 18:21

Oh Kellyanne :lol:

Kellyanne Conway Suggests Cory Booker Is Sexist Because He’s Running For President

“What’s wrong with the candidates that are already in there?” Conway, a counselor to the president, told Fox News she would ask Booker if she had the chance. “What’s your objection to Kamala Harris running, Elizabeth Warren, Kirsten Gillibrand, these others who have already announced — Tulsi Gabbard, maybe?”

She continued: “If he were a Republican running against them, they would immediately call him a sexist for running against these women in the Democratic field.”

Is this going to be another well thought out attack by Republicans against potential Democratic presidential candidates? :lol:

“I’d also ask him, what exactly have you accomplished that qualifies you to be the commander in chief and president of the United States?” she said.

I think this quote must have been taken from another interview, i.e. the one where she is talking about Dennison when he was running in 2015/2016.

#12002 User is offline   Winstonm 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Art, music

Posted 2019-February-01, 22:18

But they buy our weapons! What can we do?

On five occasions, privileged young Saudi men studying in the state of Oregon have been spirited out of the country on fake passports and private planes before their trials.

"Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere." Black Lives Matter. / "I need ammunition, not a ride." Zelensky

#12003 User is offline   Winstonm 

Posted 2019-February-01, 22:23

Finally, a few Republican senators have discovered their cojones?

Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell cautioned President Trump privately this week about the consequences of declaring a national emergency to build his border wall, telling him the move could trigger political blowback and divide the GOP, according to two Republicans with knowledge of the exchange.

McConnell (R-Ky.) told Trump that Congress might end up passing a resolution disapproving the emergency declaration, the people said — which would force the president to contemplate issuing his first veto ever, in the face of opposition from his own party.
WaPo
"Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere." Black Lives Matter. / "I need ammunition, not a ride." Zelensky

#12004 User is offline   kenberg 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2019-February-02, 07:56

Winstonm, on 2019-February-01, 22:23, said:

Finally, a few Republican senators have discovered their cojones?

WaPo

And also discovered political reality. McConnell looked seriously inept during the shutdown. Trump told him not to let bills come up for a vote, so he didn't let bills come up, until Trump told him to let bills come up for a vote so then he let bills come up for a vote. Now he foresees having to support a claim that the president not getting everything he wants is a national emergency. Maybe, just maybe, he is not up for doing that. That would be good.
Ken

#12005 User is offline   Winstonm 

Posted 2019-February-02, 15:11

The truly awful part of all this is that DealmakerIndividualComrade-1 has given himself no options other than win the "wall" battle or surrender.

If he is indeed a malignant narcissist as many mental health professionals have said, this is extremely dangerous as he would be incapable of admitting his error. Therefore, he would be incapable of surrendering because what a narcissist lives for is a fight. As in his mind he has no genuine friends, allies, or equals, then against whom he fights is unimportant. If he splits the party, that is their fault for not following his lead.

It could get quite ugly.

#12006 User is offline   johnu 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2019-February-02, 15:44

Making the world a better place

Putin: Russia suspends INF nuclear deal with U.S.

Nothing like a few hundred or thousands more nuclear missiles pointed at targets around the world to make the world a safer place :rolleyes:

Russia has suspended the Cold War-era Intermediate-range Nuclear Forces Treaty after a similar move by the United States, President Vladimir Putin said on Saturday, also instructing the government not to initiate disarmament talks with Washington.

Other sources have said that Putin has wanted to withdraw from the nuclear deal for some time but felt constrained to do so because of bad world publicity. Now that Dennison said the US was going to withdraw, Putin was gifted the opportunity to also withdraw and point the finger at the US for withdrawing first.

One has to wonder what Putin and Dennison discussed in their private and undocumented (at least not documented by the US) discussion. Just like Turkey's President Erdogan "convinced" Dennison to withdraw US forces from Syria, it would literally have been child's play for Putin to get Dennison to withdraw from the nuclear treaty.

#12007 User is offline   johnu 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2019-February-02, 18:09

Making the world a better place - Part II

Trump Admin Says It’s Too Hard To Reunite Thousands Of Separated Families: Court Filing

Last month, the inspector general of the Department of Health and Human Services released a report stating that “thousands” more immigrant families had been separated than the government had previously disclosed. In the declaration submitted Friday, HHS officials said they don’t know the exact number of children who were taken from their parents before “zero tolerance” and that finding them would be too much of a “burden” since there was no formal tracking system in place.

It's good to know that Dennison and his henchmen value family values so much, as long as you are white and Republican. Imagine the horror it would cause if they had to exert themselves and reunite babies and children with parents that were separated because of their own barbaric practices.

#12008 User is offline   Chas_P 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2019-February-02, 20:14

johnu, on 2019-February-02, 18:09, said:

Making the world a better place - Part II

Trump Admin Says It’s Too Hard To Reunite Thousands Of Separated Families: Court Filing

It's good to know that Dennison and his henchmen value family values so much, as long as you are white and Republican. Imagine the horror it would cause if they had to exert themselves and reunite babies and children with parents that were separated because of their own barbaric practices.

Do you boys ever actually do anything to improve the lives of your fellow man? Or is your sole contribution to the human experience 24/7 bitching on an internet message board? Have you ever volunteered at a homeless shelter? Or do you just consider it "doing your part" by posting foolishness about "Dennison"? I'm just askin'.

#12009 User is offline   ldrews 

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members

Posted 2019-February-02, 21:22

Chas_P, on 2019-February-02, 20:14, said:

Do you boys ever actually do anything to improve the lives of your fellow man? Or is your sole contribution to the human experience 24/7 bitching on an internet message board? Have you ever volunteered at a homeless shelter? Or do you just consider it "doing your part" by posting foolishness about "Dennison"? I'm just askin'.

Yeah, I wondering abut that also.

#12010 User is offline   johnu 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2019-February-03, 01:42

If you had any semblance of self respect and self awareness, you would be too embarrassed to continue posting under your username. I almost have some pity for you that you lack the self control to continue posting here. B-)

#12011 User is offline   johnu 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2019-February-03, 01:44

ldrews, on 2019-February-02, 21:22, said:

Yeah, I wondering abut that also.

Do you ever have any original thoughts besides just quoting things from others?

#12012 User is offline   barmar 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 2019-February-03, 10:37

Are you seriously equating taking little action to help others with actively harming others? I'm also not a doctor saving lives, does that make me morally equivalent to a murderer?

#12013 User is offline   Winstonm 

Posted 2019-February-03, 11:17

I spent a number of years as a hospice nurse - what were your contributions?

#12014 User is offline   Chas_P 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2019-February-03, 12:53

Winstonm, on 2019-February-03, 11:17, said:

I spent a number of years as a hospice nurse

My sister is dying from cancer and in hospice care right now. Hospice is a very noble undertaking. I admire you for that Winston.

#12015 User is offline   jjbrr 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2019-February-03, 13:59

Too busy picking cotton, mooching welfare, duct taping women, selling drugs, dodging the IRS, making unwanted babies, and denouncing Jesus, Chas.
OK
bed

#12016 User is offline   Chas_P 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2019-February-03, 14:12

jjbrr, on 2019-February-03, 13:59, said:

Too busy picking cotton, mooching welfare, duct taping women, selling drugs, dodging the IRS, making unwanted babies, and denouncing Jesus, Chas.

You really are cute. What do you hope to be when you grow up?

#12017 User is offline   jjbrr 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2019-February-03, 14:17

Chas_P, on 2019-February-03, 14:12, said:

You really are cute. What do you hope to be when you grow up?

A privileged, bigoted, old piece of ***** like you, chas.
OK
bed

#12018 User is offline   jjbrr 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2019-February-03, 14:29

why don't you go ahead and regale us with all the philanthropic projects you're involved in? do they involve hoods?
OK
bed

#12019 User is offline   hrothgar 

• Interests:Travel
    Cooking
    Brewing
    Hiking

Posted 2019-February-03, 15:14

My charitable giving last year was well over $50,000, and included donations to food banks and (primarily) to educational foundations....

The main reason that I am (continuing) to work is that I want to be able to endow one full tuition fellowship to my undergrad school every other year or so once I retire...

Good enough for you?
Alderaan delenda est

#12020 User is offline   jjbrr 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2019-February-03, 16:11

I've been home in Knoxville for 3 days since October 1st. Managing some of the crews that are removing hazardous trees so FEMA can come in and clean up the mess that is Paradise, CA.
OK
bed

• 1077 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

451 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 451 guests, 0 anonymous users

1. Google