BBO Discussion Forums: Earning ACBL points when substituting - BBO Discussion Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Earning ACBL points when substituting

#1 User is offline   blieber 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2011-July-22, 20:28

Can someone tell me how the system for awarding ACBL masterpoints works when one is substituting or has been substituted for? I have played 3 boards, 11 boards and as few as 1 board. If I am knocked out of the last board if my internet goes out, do I still receive the masterpoints even though it appears in the results as the substitute's master points? Thanks for your help in clarifying this!
blieber

#2 User is offline   Jacki 

• PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Guests

Posted 2011-July-23, 02:52

It depends. If you are a substitute and you play the majority of the boards, then you are awarded the masterpoints. If the original player plays the majority of the boards, then the original player is awarded the masterpoints. Since there are 12 boards in our
ACBL masterpoints tournaments, the player who plays 7 or more of the boards gets the masterpoints attached to his ACBL number and BBO player name. If the original player plays fewer than 7 boards, then that player is issued a refund, but the sub is the one who is awarded the masterpoints.

If this isn't clear, just send an email to jacki@bridgebase.com and I'll be happy to explain more.

Jacki:)

#3 User is offline   blackshoe 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2011-July-23, 06:03

What if they both play six boards? No masterpoints for either?
--------------------
As for tv, screw it. You aren't missing anything. -- Ken Berg
I have come to realise it is futile to expect or hope a regular club game will be run in accordance with the laws. -- Jillybean

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users