BBO Discussion Forums: know your opponent before going to war - BBO Discussion Forums

• 4 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

know your opponent before going to war

#21 User is offline   Phil 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members
  • Interests:Mountain Biking

Posted 2011-August-12, 09:45

View Postvianu2, on 2011-August-12, 09:23, said:

Hey if u have 20 u already know that my 2NT is psychic . U must have only 15-17 ugly , with 17 u still suspect that something is wrong there (if i partner moved ) but u aren't so sure. U can imagine i bid 2nt with 18 right?
Please i invite u to X me with your 17 being LHO . Do u really thing it matters? U give trics every time u are in your hand, starting with the lead, which is essential and can ruin all the defense.

Well, if I have a 'trick source' with my 17, I'll probably get endplayed once or twice.

For down 3.
Hi y'all!

Winner - BBO Challenge bracket #6 - February, 2017.

#22 User is offline   vianu2 

• PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members
  • Interests:not to be taken seriously

Posted 2011-August-12, 09:57

View PostPhil, on 2011-August-12, 09:45, said:

Well, if I have a 'trick source' with my 17, I'll probably get endplayed once or twice.

For down 3.

Well what 's the problem then? Not a big deal with a zero at matchpoints.
That's why i want to bid that 2NT ONLY with very balanced hands!
And is very clear that if my partner would try to play on any major then i would never get not doubled!
So it works only when we are balanced so LHO is balanced too. (that means, in my mind, that he doesn't have your source of trics)))).
Till now i played 4 times doubled in 3NT with an opponent having more than 18 hcps and i made the contract.
4 times! And the story with the 21 points to my RHO is true and happened at my table in a tourney (i was declarer) .
There was a defense for -1 but they got it wrong and i made.

#23 User is offline   gwnn 

• Csaba the Hutt
  • Interests:bye

Posted 2011-August-12, 10:10

People would double your 2NT much more often if you disclosed your agreement properly (20-21 OR 5-8 balanced).
... and I can prove it with my usual, flawless logic.
      George Carlin

#24 User is offline   vianu2 

• PipPipPipPip

Posted 2011-August-12, 11:02

View Postgwnn, on 2011-August-12, 10:10, said:

People would double your 2NT much more often if you disclosed your agreement properly (20-21 OR 5-8 balanced).

Gwnn u are outside the question, as usually. This is a topic about psychic bids.

#25 User is offline   Rossoneri 

• Wabbit
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2011-August-12, 11:08

View PostElianna, on 2011-August-11, 17:42, said:

Where are negative votes when they are needed?

I don't know about negative votes, but your post deserves a positive.
SCBA National TD, EBU Club TD

Unless explicitly stated, none of my views here can be taken to represent SCBA or any other organizations.

#26 User is offline   gwnn 

• Csaba the Hutt

Posted 2011-August-12, 11:21

vianu2, at least two people pointed out to you upthread that if you do it on all hands with 5-8 and balanced and you have done it with a partner more than once, it becomes an implicit partnership agreement. Your partner should alert it as 5-8 or 20-21, thereby enabling your opponents to double you on 16 counts.

This thread was about psychics, but when you admitted that you do it on all 5-8 hands, it brought the question of concealed partnership agreements, like it or not.
      George Carlin

#27 User is offline   gwnn 

• Csaba the Hutt

Posted 2011-August-12, 11:34

No I think I am wrong about this, it does not have to come up to become a concealed partnership agreement. I think it's enough if your partner has read this thread, for example, where you wrote

you said:

And i really enjoy to use that not vulnerable 2NT every time i have in 3rd any balanced 5--8 hand.

If anyone on BBF who read this were to play with you, they should alert 2NT.
      George Carlin

#28 User is offline   hrothgar 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Travel
    Cooking
    Brewing
    Hiking

Posted 2011-August-12, 11:48

View Postvianu2, on 2011-August-12, 11:02, said:

Gwnn u are outside the question, as usually. This is a topic about psychic bids.

No, it's about concealed partnership agreements and potentially about illegal systems.

Consider the following two "methods"

Method 1
Your 3rd seat, non-vulnerable 2NT opening shows either

20 - 22 HCP Balanced OR
5-8 HCP balanced

Method 2
Your 3rd seat, non-vulnerable 2NT opening shows 20 - 22 HCP Balanced HOWEVER
You psyche a 2NT opening each and every time that I get dealt a 5-8 HCP balanced hands

Let's assume that I dealt a million hands and had you bid these playing Method 1 and Method 2
You'd produce the identical auction regardless of what method you are playing.

Simply put, there is NO practical difference between the two sets of methods.
The only real difference is the way that you are chosing to describe what you're playing.

Moreover, the way that you are disclosing your methods is design to conceal relevent information from the opponents and skirt the convention regulations.
Alderaan delenda est

#29 User is offline   vianu2 

• PipPipPipPip

Posted 2011-August-12, 12:06

View Postgwnn, on 2011-August-12, 11:21, said:

vianu2, at least two people pointed out to you upthread that if you do it on all hands with 5-8 and balanced and you have done it with a partner more than once, it becomes an implicit partnership agreement. Your partner should alert it as 5-8 or 20-21, thereby enabling your opponents to double you on 16 counts.

This thread was about psychics, but when you admitted that you do it on all 5-8 hands, it brought the question of concealed partnership agreements, like it or not.

Gwnn i said "And i really enjoy to use that not vulnerable 2NT every time i have in 3rd any balanced 5--8 hand" yes
Where did I say i would really use it with same partner more than once?
I play with random partners.
Now u come with the next post and u say that "it's enough if your partner has read this thread, for example"?
Have no clue, don't u need to prove that has he read?
So if i'm going to Bermuda Bowl and i open there 2NT , u will call TD because i opened that threat and i informed my partner?
So funny. Yes You have nothing else to do (nothing is funny with my 2nt opening) u are concerned about the rules. I will make a concession for You : I promise if ill be your opponent at Bermuda Bowl I will not ever open 2NT. Now you can try something else there are lot of negative comments u can add to every post i made:)

#30 User is offline   hrothgar 

Cooking
    Brewing
    Hiking

Posted 2011-August-12, 12:28

View Postvianu2, on 2011-August-12, 12:06, said:

Gwnn i said "And i really enjoy to use that not vulnerable 2NT every time i have in 3rd any balanced 5--8 hand" yes
but i didn't say i would really use with same partner more than once.
I play with random partners.
Now u come with the next post and u say that "it's enough if your partner has read this thread, for example"?
Have no clue, don't u need to prove that has he read?
So if i'm going to Bermuda Bowl and i open there 2NT , u will call TD because i opened that threat and i informed my partner?
So funny. Yes You have nothing else to do (nothing is funny with my 2nt opening) u are concerned about the rules. I will make a concession for You : I promise if ill be your opponent at Bermuda Bowl I will not ever open 2NT. Now can u try something else there are lot of negative votes u can add to every post i made:)

It's fine and dandy if you want to ***** around
No one's going to stop you

However, don't confuse this with playing bridge and don't expect folks to be very impressed with what is essentially juvenile clowning combined with bragging about how big your dick is... (This ridiculous "war" metaphor is the sort of thing one expects from a testosterone soaked 16 year old)

Don't get me wrong... I very much approve of "psyches" and have perpetrated my fair share of them; which is precisely why I find your behavior so nauseating.

Idiots like you who seem to feel the need to ***** around every third hand piss people off and make us all look bad.
Alderaan delenda est

#31 User is offline   vianu2 

• PipPipPipPip

Posted 2011-August-12, 12:54

What a fabulous opportunity to see who u really are...
I know what is the level of a player after 2 boards , and the intellectual level of the other after two phrases.

#32 User is offline   hrothgar 

Cooking
    Brewing
    Hiking

Posted 2011-August-12, 13:14

View Postvianu2, on 2011-August-12, 12:54, said:

What a fabulous opportunity to see who u really are...
I know what is the level of a player after 2 boards , and the intellectual level of the other after two phrases.

Did you consider the possibility that people are dumbing down the posts that they direct at you?
(You really might want to factor that into your analysis)

Alternatively, if you're quite convinced of the accuracy of your long distance armchair psychoanalysis, I'd be ever so amused to hear what you have to say...
Alderaan delenda est

#33 User is offline   Elianna 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2011-August-12, 13:14

View Posthrothgar, on 2011-August-12, 12:28, said:

It's fine and dandy if you want to ***** around
No one's going to stop you

However, don't confuse this with playing bridge and don't expect folks to be very impressed with what is essentially juvenile clowning combined with bragging about how big your dick is... (This ridiculous "war" metaphor is the sort of thing one expects from a testosterone soaked 16 year old)

Don't get me wrong... I very much approve of "psyches" and have perpetrated my fair share of them which is precisely why I find your behavior so nauseating.

Idiots like you who seem to feel the need to ***** around every third hand piss people off and make us all look bad.

qft!
My addiction to Mario Bros #3 has come back!

#34 User is offline   vianu2 

• PipPipPipPip

Posted 2011-August-12, 13:35

View Posthrothgar, on 2011-August-12, 13:14, said:

Did you consider the possibility that people are dumbing down the posts that they direct at you?
(You really might want to factor that into your analysis)

Alternatively, if you're quite convinced of the accuracy of your long distance armchair psychoanalysis, I'd be ever so amused to hear what you have to say...

Factoring assumes as a first step to look for a sign.Factoring a positive quantity with a negative one, leads to a negative result that is much worse than the original, to say at least.

#35 User is offline   matmat 

• ded
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2011-August-12, 13:51

View Postvianu2, on 2011-August-12, 13:35, said:

Factoring assumes as a first step to look for a sign.Factoring a positive quantity with a negative one, leads to a negative result that is much worse than the original, to say at least.

lol. nice try.

#36 User is offline   hrothgar 

Cooking
    Brewing
    Hiking

Posted 2011-August-12, 14:12

View Postvianu2, on 2011-August-12, 13:35, said:

The MATLAB factor function checks whether the input is a scalar before checking sign...
Alderaan delenda est

#37 User is offline   vianu2 

• PipPipPipPip

Posted 2011-August-12, 14:32

View Posthrothgar, on 2011-August-12, 14:12, said:

The MATLAB factor function checks whether the input is a scalar before checking sign...

Oh really? Then it will be a little hard to factoring in my analysis scalars..some older people, who are fitting with what u call spoiled, childish, or immature. Otherwise, MATLAB is used on parallel computing...who knows..

#38 User is offline   matmat 

• ded
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2011-August-12, 16:05

View Postvianu2, on 2011-August-12, 14:32, said:

Oh really? Then it will be a little hard to factoring in my analysis some older people, who are fitting with what u call spoiled, childish, or immature. Otherwise, MATLAB is used on parallel computing...who knows..

I find it amusing that one of your first threads on the forums was an attempt to accuse someone of cheating, while this one brags about things that actually are bordering on cheating.

#39 User is offline   PetteriLem 

• PipPipPip

Posted 2011-August-13, 03:02

Very risky psychs indeed. I kind of like the way you do it, when it works the opponents either want to cry or laugh.
I think it is interesting which length of suit is best for psyching. Less you have more partner is going to raise, but
on the other hand opponents are going to miss better fit. As long as you can stay below 3rd level the success rate is going
to be higher, because they cant double so easily. What comes to 2nt with 5-8bal, I think less is better, because opponents
are going to have game more likely and you are going down a lot anyway. Opening 1nt with the same hand could be a mistake.

#40 User is offline   the hog 

• Interests:Wagner and Bridge

Posted 2011-August-13, 04:29

View Postvianu2, on 2011-August-12, 00:23, said:

Yes very funny and I"m glad u noticed that (pity u lost the essential) . I find it even more funny than your endless topics ( with puerile questions) i decided to never read because i just got bored.

If you decided not to read them, then how did you know they were puerile?

I suggest you read Justin's comments on your bidding and take them to heart.
"The King of Hearts a broadsword bears, the Queen of Hearts a rose." W. H. Auden.

• 4 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

2 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users