Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

What exactly is a "new member"?

#1 User is offline   Heron 

• PipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2012-July-06, 21:27

I find myself denoted a "new member", but I'm not sure what that means other than an inability to play in certain tournaments.

My profile (at the moment) notes 21 logins, a 100% board completion rate, and a creation date of 2005. Surely by some standards I'm not new, though as I've had a bit of a hiatus in bridge playing I haven't had terribly much *recent* activity.

I do see a thread that suggests that the definition of "new member" is internal and subject to change, and given the goal of reducing abuse from newly-created accounts that seems quite reasonable, but... perhaps it's a touch restrictive? Or perhaps my on-again-off-again playing pattern has landed me in some odd little edge case?

In any case, please consider this a request to tune the restrictions a bit, though suggestions on becoming not-new within the existing rules are also welcome! (Alternately, you can tell me to get my sorry wretched newbie self out of here until I've hit at least the ten-year mark?)

Thanks!

#2 User is offline   chasetb 

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members

Posted 2012-July-06, 22:58

While you've been a member of BBO for 7 years and counting, you have too few logins. I'm not sure how many logins it takes, I would bet at least 50. I'm over 2000 logins in the 3.1 years I've been a member; however that number is inflated by getting disconnected a lot, and getting on several times through the day. The 100% completion rate can be based on as few as 1 board - they go based on your last 30 or 60 days.
"It's not enough to win the tricks that belong to you. Try also for some that belong to the opponents."

"Learn from the mistakes of others. You won't live long enough to make them all yourself."

"One advantage of bad bidding is that you get practice at playing atrocious contracts."

-Alfred Sheinwold

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users