Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Shown to be offline

#1 User is offline   stickmaker 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2020-June-12, 16:27

I play regularly with 3 friends on the Casual bridge site. When I set up the table the invites go out ok To two of them but one of my friends does not receive it and is unable to join the table. when I check Her status she is shown as being offline, even though she is online. When my friend sets up the table and sends out the invites we are all able to join her table and are Then all shown as being OFFLINE. We are able to play ok, but nonE of our other club friends are able to locate us Or to kibitz. Has any other member experienced this And how do we rectify it. I have downloaded The BBO online instructions Manual and followed it to the letter But to no avail.

#2 User is offline   gbb483 

• PipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members

Posted 2020-June-13, 01:07

Due to unprecedented number of users there are now 2 Play servers. One at the top level and one under 'Casual'. At present users on one are not visible to users on the other.

#3 User is offline   paulg 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2020-June-13, 01:28

BBO has a new multi-server architecture where all the Casual players are on a different server. The players on the home server and the Casual server cannot see each other at the moment.

This thread has a fuller explanation: https://www.bridgeba...sual-explained/
The Beer Card

I don't work for BBO and any advice is based on my BBO experience over the decades

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users