Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Late Play Adjustment

#1 User is offline   woengel 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2020-September-22, 20:11

At a table where I couldn't determine one pair to be the cause of the slow play, they got through 6 tricks. North can now make if he plays for the right major to break 3-3. GIB assumed he would get it wrong, and I decided to assign average, since I can't do a weighted score. I know GIB often leaves it as an average if they don't get through half of the play. Does anyone know what the threshold is for that?

https://www.bridgeba...H9|pc|H7|pc|H8|

#2 User is offline   Cyberyeti 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2020-September-23, 03:42

View Postwoengel, on 2020-September-22, 20:11, said:

At a table where I couldn't determine one pair to be the cause of the slow play, they got through 6 tricks. North can now make if he plays for the right major to break 3-3. GIB assumed he would get it wrong, and I decided to assign average, since I can't do a weighted score. I know GIB often leaves it as an average if they don't get through half of the play. Does anyone know what the threshold is for that?

https://www.bridgeba...H9|pc|H7|pc|H8|

I think average is reasonable. I wonder if GIB thinks playing hearts may be very slightly percentage hence assuming you will get it wrong.

#3 User is offline   barmar 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 2020-September-23, 14:38

This isn't a GIB issue.

The server automatically assigns A== to any boards that aren't finished. Then it's up to the TD to adjust the score, and they can optionally use GIB to play it out.

Most tournaments are also set to automatically have GIB assign a score if you've made it through the end of trick 6.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users