BBO Discussion Forums: Video based BBO - BBO Discussion Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Video based BBO Real life experience while playing online

Poll: Real live playing experience on BBO (5 member(s) have cast votes)

Would you like to upgrade to an environment which mimics real life bridge games?

1. Would go for it right away. (1 votes [14.29%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 14.29%

2. Would go for it if free of any charges. (1 votes [14.29%] - View)

3. Would go for it if it’s charge is nominal, like for robots. (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

4. Would go for it if using is seamless and not much techy. (1 votes [14.29%] - View)

5. Not interested as it would divert attention from bridge play. (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

6. Not interested - quite happy to continue as is. (4 votes [57.14%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 57.14%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 User is offline   panther786 

• PipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2021-January-03, 01:02

There are tools now available for video and audio input for apps and if integrated into BBO app, it can lead to a quantum jump in the playing experience.

I can appreciate that the bandwidth and server requirement will skyrocket and may not be sustainable at no charge basis but I am curious if your team is or has considered this to make the BBO platform even more popular and give an extremely rich playing experience.

I think this topic may be worth doing a survey and establishing how wide spread its desire is in the real world. Thanks.

#2 User is online   mycroft 

• Secretary Bird
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2021-January-03, 11:48

Which one? Screens? At-the-table? Cross-screens? Do I get to have a review "with all the original expressions" again? Do we go back to partner-Alerts and explains, with the benefits and downsides of that? Do I get to have people stare at me when I'm thinking (intending to, and succeeding, distract me) again? What if I don't want to do it? What if I'm playing on my phone on the bus on data? What if my camera is taped shut because I watch youtube to put me to sleep and don't really want people hijacking my video for whatever else I do when I'm there?

There's definitely a case for casual bridge with online video meeting. There's definitely a case for serious bridge under "virtual screens". There's definitely a case for "virtual trip to the bar after the game" video meet, and I should try to organize that more myself (it was fun when we did one for NYE, and for "extrovert's birthday", last week).

I'm not denigrating the idea; I am saying that it's not as two-valued as your question wants it to be.
When I go to sea, don't fear for me, Fear For The Storm -- Birdie and the Swansong (tSCoSI)

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

2 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users