• You cannot reply to this topic

Charmed?

#1 User is offline   kenrexford 

• Brain Farts and Actual Farts Increasing with Age
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members
  • Interests:www.limadbc.blogspot.com editor/contributor

Posted 2011-April-08, 11:19

It has been about 10 years since I tried this specific move, but last night I opened 1 white on red in first seat with this hand:

Jxxxx x xxxxx Jx

The auction that followed was humorous, in that I actually considered for a moment treating the hand as if I had a full opener.

1-P-2!!! LOL

2 made four.

The other humorous part was opening up the traveler. The results at that point were 4 making five their way, our 2 making four, and another diamond partscore making 4! Everyone that the table in good humor expressed shock that the results were not a wall of 2 contracts.
"Gibberish in, gibberish out. A trial judge, three sets of lawyers, and now three appellate judges cannot agree on what this law means. And we ask police officers, prosecutors, defense lawyers, and citizens to enforce or abide by it? The legislature continues to write unreadable statutes. Gibberish should not be enforced as law."

-P.J. Painter.

#2 User is offline   Quantumcat 

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members
  • Interests:Archery, classical guitar, piano, watercolour painting, programming, french

Posted 2011-April-11, 20:22

lol that is quite funny.

But I hate being the defending side when our opponents are LOLs ... balancing might get them to their game that they just missed. Not too long ago, the pair at our club that I would put at second behind us (not saying much as they are all fairly hopeless, it is just a little country club), had the auction 1-2 pass. When I expressed my incredulation after making my opening lead, the opener said "oh, I knew she only had ten points." and after asking why, she said "oh, she'd jump with 12". Another time, longer ago, some REAL little old ladies had that same auction, only they were cold for 12 tricks (opener passed with a 12 count and four card support and a singleton, responder had an 18 count). Opener said at the end of the hand, "What could I do, I only had 12 points and no spade cover" ... lol. Even though I know it's wrong to balance because thy might have a game on that they missed, I feel really annoyed when 2 makes exactly 2 because of some bad breaks, and everyone else is in 2 or 2/3NT or 3going off after having a normal auction.
I Transfers

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

2 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users